September 1, 2014
  About Us
  Our Exhibits
  Our Sites
  Programs & Events
  Archives
  Databases
  Getting Here
  Partnerships

  Back



S
M
T
W
T
F
S
click month for summary
This Day in History

1786 - Last day for early settlers to receive their entitled free issue of supplies (limited quantity) from the Fort Erie Commissary's storehouse (E.A. Cruikshank, Memorials of Fort Erie and Early Navigation on Lake Erie, p. 70.; Cruikshank papers, FEHM Files)

1857 - Fort Erie Council passes a by-law to adopt and provide a corporate or common seal. (Ernest Cruikshank, Municipal History Part II (1841–1893), Welland, Ont.: By the County Council, 1893, p. 69)

1930 - Erie Beach Park closes for the final time. (Times-Review, Sept. 1930)


Many Voices II:
A Collective History of Greater Fort Erie

Would you like to learn more about Fort Erie's history? Enjoy the most comprehensive history of our area and find out why it is a Canadian bestseller . For more information please click the photo below.


CONTACT INFO
To contact our staff, please click here.
  • Fort Erie Historical Museum
    402 Ridge Rd. P.O. Box 339
    Ridgeway, Ont. L0S 1N0
    (905) 894-5322
    f: (905)894-6851
    e: museum@forterie.on.ca

    Admission by donation

    Hours
    June to August: 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
    September to May: Sunday to Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

  • Fort Erie Railroad Museum
    400 Central Ave. (N. of Gilmore)
    Fort Erie, Ont.
    (905) 871-1412 or 894-5322 off-season

    Admission by donation

    Hours
    June to August: 7 days a week, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
    Sept. to May: closed

  • Ridgeway Battlefield Site
    Hwy 3 (Garrison Rd.) east of Ridge Rd.
    Ridgeway, Ont.
    (905)894-5322

    Outdoor site that can be viewed anytime. Free admission.
  •  Health & Wellness
     EDTC
     Fort Erie Public Library
     Friendship Trail
     Regional Niagara
     Town of Fort Erie
     YourNiagara.ca
    Fort Erie
    The Weather Network
    The Weather Network